
This owl reminds me of miniature things. I've been thinking a lot lately about the dollhouse I had when I was a kid. My grandma and grandpa Lippitt made it for me. It was probably my most prized possession for my formative childhood years. One day my bunny hopped out of his cage. (his "cage" was an old computer case, not more than 20 inches high, so it really should come as no surprise that he escaped). I looked all over that bunny. I'd only had him a few days. I was worried that he'd die. My mom was worried that he'd eat things and poop all over the house. Later that night I heard him scratching around. He'd jumped up onto my bedside table and walked into my miniature dollhouse. He was sitting in the miniature living room, contemplating which miniature wood couch to eat and whether or not it was polite to rest his paws on the miniature coffee table.
I used to love going to the craft/hobby stores and would drool over all the miniature things for dollhouses. Last weekend I went to a craft store that was going out of business. I walked down the dollhouse aisle and was quickly reminded of my childhood. 75% off!!! I should get something!!! A tiny gumball machine? A working ceiling fan? An ethnic family? I set my excited dollhouse self down in that aisle and went to the bead aisle where I found much more useful things for my adult self.
Homework: if you comment on this, please try to use the word 'miniature' in your response as many times as possible.
_____________________
Target had some super cute 3-packs of knee high socks for $3.48 on the clearance rack. I bought two packs. That equals 6 pairs of socks.
_____________________
I have spring fever. When did I change from being a winter lover to being a summer lover??
Today I put some curl into my miniature hair.
ReplyDeleteI also just realized what one might think of the term "miniature hair" as pubic hair. To clarify, NO, I didn't curl down there. That could be dangerous. I curled the hair on the top of my head, which is short, so I said miniature... you see.
I remember the day you found Red in the dollhouse. I also remember you were super worried about him. I loved your retelling of his contemplation of eating many miniatures.
I went to Catholic Mass tonight. There is nothing miniature about Catholic churches.