Tuesday night was the season premiere of LOST, aka The Best Dramatic Show Ever Made For Television. I was thrilled when I realized the first hour was a recap of the first 5 seasons. I needed the brief character review and necessary plot points (though I seriously watched seasons 1-5 during the months of July-November 2009--you'd think it'd still be fresh in my mind). After the first 'real' hour of the show, I called my sister (who is as big a fan as I am and watched the first 5 seasons in the same months I did) and we talked excitedly about the new plot twists. Why were we seeing the characters in two realities? Which one was real? We'd hardly delved into our theories when we suddenly realized that another episode was beginning! What luck! 3 solid hours of our favorite show in one night. God was smiling on us.
Clippitt5, you indicated your disappointment that I didn't say more about the show on Tuesday night. You want theories? I usually don't theorize, but here's one for you: I think this season is going to continue in the same fashion. We will watch their lives on the island, post-bomb, and we will watch their lives after their safe landing in LA. We'll find out that all of their lives would have been changed for the better and that they all would have crossed paths whether they'd crashed or not. John Locke will walk either way. Jack Shepherd will be a better doctor either way. Kate will somehow avoid going to prison either way. Sawyer will continue to make me think impure thoughts either way.
___________________
They canceled school for tomorrow. It's 8pm. Storm begins tomorrow morning at 10. Tomorrow we're expecting 20 inches, with a likely 10-20 more Saturday. WHAT?!? This is absolute insanity. I should have bought more booze. I'm gonna go crazy. They're claiming that it'll take a minimum 48-72 hours after the storm for them to begin plowing. I'm guessing no school Monday either.
Today I tried to help my students grasp how much snow that'll be. "The snow will either be up to your bellybutton or maybe even up to your eyeballs!"
___________________
I started tracking all my food, exercise, weight loss goals on this site. It's free. I like it. Turns out I don't eat enough calories in a day. Who knew?
No comments:
Post a Comment