I hate the word "economy" now. I hate how it has become the scapegoat for why people don't have money or jobs. Maybe I'm just lucky/spoiled/naive and this elusive "Economy" really did steal the jobs and bank accounts of every third person in the world, but I have a hard time believing it. I hate that people say, "In this economy" as a caveat for every non-economically-related thing. I'm sure we can relate everything back to money if we break things down into their smallest form, but please, please, please STOP SAYING ECONOMY!
__________________
We found out that we're losing all of our early release Wednesdays from school so that we can make up our lost time due to the snow. We typically release our kids 2 hours early on Wednesdays and the teachers have planning time. It's a luxury. We're accustomed to it. Now, beginning on March 3, the kids stay a full day. Fine. I understand. Why, then, when that's announced to us, does the evil-needs-to-retire-embittered-because-she-is-actually-still-supposed-to-teach-students-this-close-to-retirement-speech-pathologist mutter (loudly enough to hear), "Heh. That doesn't affect me."
Correct me if I'm wrong, but we're all teachers. Therefore we should all be teaching. If I'm putting in 2 more hours per week with students, all of the specialists will be doing the same.
This morning the evil-needs-to-retire-embittered-because-she-is-actually-still-supposed-to-teach-students-this-close-to-retirement-speech-pathologist came into my room to pick up my student for her scheduled speech session. I kindly said, "I was wondering if there's any way we could move one of my students' sessions to that Wednesd--" "NO. NO WAY. NOPE." What a bitch. I quickly gave her my most evil look. She realized I was displeased and suddenly became uncomfortable (apparently her bark is vicious and has never needed a follow up bite) and I said, "I don't appreciate you being short and snippy." Suddenly she's trying to backtrack, stumbling over her word-vomit that she'd thrown up all over me. I continued to give her the evil eye, all the while, affirming my dislike for her attitude.
Thirty minutes later, she's in my room, sliding me a note with other possible time slots for my kids, complete with a smiley face next to her name. What a maroon.
____________________
I'm hungry. I need fish.
____________________
Last week I bought the most expensive pair of jeans I've ever owned (or even tried on)...
and they're entirely worth every penny.
____________________
I can't wait for February to be over. March is gonna rock my socks.
____________________
Apparently I needed to vent. Thanks for listening, avid readers. x0x0
I'm glad you stuck it to the man and told that evil pathologist (I think this is a good way to shorten her title) what was up. Way to go.
ReplyDeleteAlso, knowing what you have spent on clothes in the past, I can't wait to see these jeans.
other avid reader here! and you're welcome! :)
ReplyDelete