Thanksgiving was fabulous. Stella got her groove back. Saw some of my favorite people (wish I'd seen more). I'm I didn't fly via KCMO and switched my ticket to a direct flight to 505...so worth the price difference!
Michael was my sidekick for the whole weekend and we got to see Liz/Luis a couple times.
Highlights:
Liz and Luis
BFG
A. Sanchez buying a round at Horse and Angel
Ninja Assassin
Men Who Stare At Goats
Dion's
Flying Star
Vodka Tonics
Gewurztraminer
When A Stranger calls (bad, dumb movie)
Michael stilt walking Sunday afternoon
Navy Blue Sweat Suit with ankle cuffs
Leg hair and subsequent shaving (7 weeks of no shave--that's a record!)
Complete lack of sleep but I got 11 hours Friday night this past weekend so I'm feeling more ALIVE.
__________________
Today one of my students said this:
"When I grow up, I'm gonna be gay."
This was actually not shocking. He typically invites me over to his house every couple of weeks. When I ask him what we'd do there, he says, "Oh, you know, just stuff like fashion. I would like to do some hairstyles for you and put some lipstick on you."
He's awesome.
__________________
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip muffins are so scrumptious.
__________________
Saturday I woke up to snow. After watching it snow for awhile I decided I needed to get out of my house and go to Target (wanted a new flat iron for my hair--another story). As I headed out to my car, I realized that I still had my car parked in a visitor spot instead of my covered spot in the garage. (I'd had people over for book club--another story--the night before and though I meant to move it back into the garage afterward, I didn't. Curses) I turned my car on, got the defrosters going and realized I had no idea where my windshield scraper was (still don't) but could tell there wasn't any ice so I thought I'd just give the ol' wipers a go at it. POP. Bad noise. Wipers don't move. Clearly east coast snow is much heavier than southwest snow. Used my car radio case to clear off the snow since my wipers didn't do the trick, all the while wondering if they'd miraculously work after the snow was all gone. They didn't. Now they sort of vibrate and make a horrible noise. FML. Car's in the shop now.
_________________
11 .5 days of work til Christmas. 125ish days of work til I spend my summer on the rock.
_________________
No comments:
Post a Comment