For Your Consideration

Pickle Juice: The Champagne of Vinegar.

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Lunch

I didn't have the energy to make my lunch today. I also had nothing quick to grab. I opted instead to buy a lunch in the cafeteria:
dry, cold pita
prepackaged hummos
sliced overripe orange
string cheese
Delicious.
___________________________________________
On Monday my mom came with me to work. I had the kids all lined up at the door to go to lunch. One girl was using the restroom and a little boy opened the door (they seem to never lock the door). I told him to close it and to knock and walked back to the front of the line of kids who were waiting to go. Soon my mom says, "Uh, you've got a meltdown back here. A's crying." (A has a bit of a speech issue and all of her /r/ sounds are pronounced /w/). I assumed it was because the boy had opened the door so I asked my mom to send her to the line. A was not soothed by this. When she reached me in the hall, still sobbing, I leaned down and asked her what was wrong. Mouth wide open, spit coming out, tears streaming, totally a mess she says, "I'm sick! I have angwee poopies!" Poor baby. Diarrhea had gotten the best of her and I thought she was just embarrassed that she'd been seen. Angwee poopies are the worst!

No comments:

Post a Comment