I nearly titled this "DT, day 2" but realized that DT might imply that we are alcoholics, suffering withdrawal symptoms. On a related note, since leaving Orlando I have had recurring visions of sunny days and a longing that cannot be satisfied with anything I can supply. Maybe DT is a fitting title after all.
 |
| This was our second stop of the day. We took the shuttle from the parking lot to the monorail, the monorail to Epcot, made our way with the masses to ride "Soarin" (awesome), then waiting approximately 30 minutes to ride a bus to Hollywood Studios, AKA the hottest place on Earth. The only redeeming qualities about H.S. were the two rides we enjoyed: the Aerosmith rollercoaster and Tower of Terror. We also rode some movie tour/piece of crap/sorry excuse for a "ride" ride. It's only saving grace was the air conditioner. Even the palm trees they'd employed for decoration had given up on the lameness. We quickly returned to Epcot. |
 |
| This is right after we rode the Mission to Mars ride. Yes, we did the advanced mission, wherein we were spun in a centrifuge with our father/daughter ridemates and tested our abilities to hold down our lunches. Sister was beginning to show the early signs of dehydration and heat stroke but, alas, we were not deterred from this ride. We let our jaws fall open to the G forces and determined (from our living to tell this tale) that we do not suffer from enlarged hearts which lead to death on this ride. |
 |
| Netherlands in Epcot. I like grass roofs. |
 |
| The most action she's seen in awhile... |
 |
| My personal favorite of DT Day 2. |
Around 9pm we headed back to the Magic Kingdom to check out their fireworks display. I must admit that it was, indeed, spectacular. The light display on the castle was pretty inspiring as well. After the show, we headed back to thunder mountain roller coaster to make up for missing our fast pass ride time on day 1 (due to an apparent need for some welding on the tracks). Whilst standing in line for 45 minutes, I gave sister the death look approximately 45 times. I was finished with Disney World. We'd had a good run, I'd run out of blister band aids, and I was ready to go back to the ferry, to the shuttle, and drive in 2nd gear all the way home.
No comments:
Post a Comment